The Pursuit


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Live update from Anchorage!

This morning I woke up at 3:50am to catch a flight at 6am from Fairbanks. The flight was uneventful, only about 30 passengers on a 737. I had three seats to myself. I arrived into Anchorage just fine and began to wait, and wait, and wait. I arrived at 7am, and I met up with a group of people from Kingdom Air Corps at 9am. Thats the short story- The problem was that I did not have any cell phone reception so I could not get a hold of anyone from KAC. Thankfully, I ran into my tour director from Denali and the bus driver and they were able to let me use their phone. Three phone calls later, I met up with the 4 people. Two were flying out right away, and the other two I spend the day with touring around Anchorage. We hit up the market area, many shops, got burgers for lunch, and then went to an Air museum to kill time! Turns out they were also flying out from Anchorage... which means I'm left with a 16 passenger van all to myself! Needless to say, I'm still at the airport now, because I need to pick up someone who comes in at 8:30pm, and then another person at 10:30pm. Thankfully they have free wireless internet! After I pick up these two LETU friends, we will have about an hour drive back to the ranch. If your bored, get on skype, FB, or Gmail and we can chat! Peace out!

Links to all my pics so far:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10101153086846604.3583749.9391920&l=f4c441434a


http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10101157662961034.3585796.9391920&l=cdf5470fbc


Posted by Ken at 8:57 PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope things are going better after a slow start!

June 17, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ▼  2011 (15)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ▼  June (5)
      • Update 2.0
      • 3 day Update
      • Live update from Anchorage!
      • Travel Pictures
      • Uncertainty
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (13)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (1)

About Me

Ken
Nairobi, Kenya
My name is Ken, and I am an alumni of LeTourneau University. I majored in Aeronautical Science Mission Aviation.
View my complete profile

My Blog List

  • KatsTravels
    15 years ago

Followers

Search This Blog

Watermark theme. Powered by Blogger.