Sunday, May 2, 2010

Introduction

Thanks for dropping by to see what this is all about. I wanted to start this blog to keep family, friends, and others up to date on the journey that God has me on. I'm not on this path alone, and I appreciate all of your prayers and support. I can't do anything in my own strength, it is only Christ working through me that I can do anything. Anything I do accomplish is for the glory of God.

So what journey is it anyway? Well as many of you know, right now I am a student at LeTourneau University in Longview, Texas. I am studying Mission Aviation. This means I will graduate with my pilot certificates/ratings and also as an Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (which means I can work on/fix airplanes). I currently have my commercial multi and single engine land pilot certificates, and am also instrument rated and have my tailwheel endorsement.

I will try to write out my testimony later, and explain how I ended up where I am now. But in a nutshell, I am looking at using my pilot and mechanic skills to serve God in missions. Whether that is here in the US, or overseas, I am unsure yet. I had the opportunity to go with Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) to Lesotho Africa after my freshman year here at LeTourneau on something called a Vision Trip. This was an awesome opportunity and really accelerated my passion for wanting to help people.

I am looking into the idea of creating some type of business overseas to get my foot in the door where traditionally missionaries are not allowed into the country. I would also like to be self-supported (or partially) by the business and use it as an avenue for reaching out to people. Whether the flying is actually the mission side, or just the business side, I do not know yet. I really don't know what this will pan out to in the end, but I have a heart for people in need and that have never even heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't want to just turn into my own little humanitarian relief outfit (although that is greatly needed in some areas), but to be a light in a dark place to spread Christ's love, for His glory and honor. My life is not my own, and I want to use it to serve Christ in everything I do.

So prayerfully join me in the journey. Pray for God's direction and the doors to be opened. Pray that God will  guide all of the Mission Aviation majors (and others seeking to serve Him) in the plans He has for us. If this resonates in your heart and you think you might want to join me on this journey (actually being a part of some type of business or in prayer or financially) then let me know.

I will post more at a later time, but for now I have 5 finals looming over my head this upcoming week. God provides and He is awesome!

Clear skies,
Ken

No comments: