Monday, March 14, 2011

Alaska: Kingdom Air Corps

As many of you know, I will be graduating in May. After graduation, I am going up to Alaska with Kingdom Air Corps for about a month and a half. During this time, I will be honing my pilot and aircraft maintenance skills. My hopes are to gain mountain flying experience as well as a possible float plane rating and flight instructor certificate. More importantly, I have the chance to help out with a Bible camp!

Between July 12th through the 24th we will take a caravan of 7 airplanes and fly up to the arctic circle to have bible camp with the native kids. The camp reaches out to Native Americans and Eskimo children who live in villages that are in or near the Brooks Range in Alaska. These children come from some of the worst home situations imaginable. Many children deal with smoking and alcohol as well.

As the trip nears, I will be posting updates and more information.

Please be praying for:
1. Being able to finish the semester strong
2. All the details to fall into place with the trip to Alaska and back
3. Financial support
4. Kingdom Air Corps
5. Brooks Range Bible Camp
6. A job after the Alaska trip

If you feel called to help support me financially, that would be awesome! I need to raise approximately $3,000. The more I am able to raise, the more flight training I will be able to receive. I am filtering support through my home church in PA. Any contribution is tax deductible. Please make checks out to Lords Valley Community Church and mail to:

Lords Valley Community Church
PMB 112
641 Route 739, Suite 1
Lords Valley, PA 18428

Please check back often as I am sure to update this page often.

Check out the Kingdom Air Corps website: http://kingdomaircorps.org/welcome.htm

No comments: